Saturday, March 29, 2008

Red Sands Weekend!

Hi Everyone!

This weekend was so much fun...it was Ambassador tryouts for next year aka Red Sands Weekend and it is one of my favorite things we do all year long! It is going to be a tough decision since I loved almost everyone who was trying out this year...I was joking with Pat, one of our advisors for the program and I said "Can't we just take everyone and be the new and improved 100 DSC Ambassadors?!" and he said "Yeah! We'll just use all our money on scholarships and party all year!" Haha i guess I didn't think of it that way. But i'm really excited for next year since there were lots of awesome candidates. WE had so much fun at our weekend! I will tell you about our fun day!
First, we met everyone and had a slideshow about what its like to be an Ambassador. Then the students had to partcipate in different challenges, like writing an e-mail about their school, playing a game about ethics and giving a mock tour to potential students. But then it was time for fun! We ate Fazoli's and headed up to the DSC Cabin in Pine Valley. I rode with Jennica, Morgan, Nicole and Ali and we had lots of fun talking about boys (one of my personal favorite subjects!) We actually got a little bit lost but it turned out ok, it ended up being really funny. Then we arrived at the cabin and saw everyone standing on the front porch frowning! Then we came to find out that our advisor got pulled over on the way up to the cabin! It was freezing outside and when he finally came everyone started cheering! It was hilarious. Then we gorged on junk food and played fun games like Werewolf (my favorite) and the Couch Game. Here is a picture of me and Ali, my cute friend who also writes one of these fabulous blogs! Hers is really fun to read, I recommend it! And some more pics of us playing the couch game and me and some of us Ambassadors/our younger tryout buddies being silly!




Basically, it was late at night and I was feeling VERY silly! If you look closely, you can see my new Juicy Couture ring (if you haven't read my blog before...i'm really into fashion! ) Some of the people at the weekend were teasing me because my ring was freakin' huge and my friend Andy even said it looked like I was wearing the world on my finger :D Haha but back to the retreat! I was really excited to be cabin roomates with Julie, Lindsey and Sarah, and we stayed up too late talking! I think we went to bed around 3:30 AM! And we had to get up at 8 am to listen to funny speeches, like "If you met a genie and could have three wishes, what would they be?" It was a lot of fun, but I have to admit the next day I was exausted from all the fun! Until Next Time,
Amanda

No comments: