Friday, April 11, 2008

The Great Race

Hello everyone! I am here to fill you in on one of my *new* favorite activities on campus. Well, its not new to everyone (it's been going on since the 70's) but it is new to freshman like me! It's called The Great Race, and it is a blast! Honestly I'm disappointed that they only hold it once a year. I can't believe I'm going to have to wait that long for another one! But, every year during D-Week, a time honored tradition on campus, students compete through different obstacles to be the winner. Some examples are a mud pit, a slip and slide, and even a rollerbladingrace! It looks like a lot of fun to compete, but also very tiring! I'm much better at rooting on people from the sidelines :) but afterwards there is a carnival for the whole community to enjoy. I was babysitting that day, so I took my favorite neighbors along with me to enjoy the fun! My favorite part of the carnival was the balloon animal man! We waited in line over an hour just to meet him. He was so nice! He made me a flower for having to wait so long. Here are some pictures of the race (the mud portion! ha ha) and the carnival:

No comments: