Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Voted!

Today is such an important day in History, and I am glad I could be a part of it. I voted today, and I hope everyone else did as well. Whether McCain or Obama is elected, (even though people all know who I'm rooting for...check my January 2008 posts if you haven't already known who I support :D) Also, in class today Professor Kauer, my Children's Literature teacher showed us a video on YouTube about the famous Women's suffragists, Alice Paul and Lucy Burns. When I woke up this morning I never knew I would find some new role models, but what these women did for our rights is so amazing. They went to prison, were brutally beaten and ridiculed, and even went over 22 days without food just so we could have a chance to vote. I'm proud to say that I'm a woman and I voted, and I encourage those of you who haven't to get out there and do so before the polls close!

Love Always, Amanda

p.s. After we voted my Mom and me made cute Voter-inspired cookies together! It was so fun! Here is a picture of our creations:

No comments: