Friday, January 25, 2008

Being Sick = No Fun!

I'm writing in blue today to match my mood--I've been sick for almost 2 weeks now and its getting old! You know how sometimes when your sick for a day or two its kind of fun getting attention and resting up, watching your favorite shows and relaxing? Well if your sick for more than that sadly life goes on and I have been trying to just go about normal life as much as possible. But I have two exciting bits of news so here we go:

1) I am so excited to inform you of my status as a new member of Dixie State College's S.H.E. Club! SHE stands for Sophisticated, Heroic and Elegant and its our mission to be a sisterhood of girls out to make the world a better place. Look out for us pink ladies on campus--we're ready to shine! All the girls seem SO nice and next weekend we are even having a slumber party with an initiation. I can't wait!

2)Being sick this past few weeks, on my resting time I have had a lot of hours to think about (dum da da dum...) THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION and what it means to me. Being a woman, I know how lucky we are to even have the chance to vote, since that wasn't always the case. I want to empower everyone to get out there and make a difference (every vote counts!) and remember its our right, and most importantly a privlege. I also wanted to give a shout out to the man I'm supporting
BARACK OBAMA! Not only is he ready to make the world a better place, he actually cares about people and is engaging. I'm excited to lend my support to him. I also wanted to share this thought with everyone:
This election year, don't go with a persons gender, skin color or religious affiliation for your vote. This shouldn't matter when choosing a leader for our country. I've always been an advocate for women in office, but I'm not voting for Hilary just because she is a girl. Same with Mitt Romney, I'm not voting for him just because he has morals like mine. I'm choosing the best person for the job, and I encourage all of you to read up on the issues and choose your favorite candidate. I love you all and have a fab weekend!
Love Always,
Amanda

No comments: